10.12.2009

Dear Donna

I keep forgetting to water my plants. Do you have any suggestions?

Dear Reader,

If your plants are outdoors, the recent monsoons have taken care of your problem. You need not water them any more.

However, if your plants reside inside your home, then I am assuming the torrential downpour is not reaching their thirsty leaves.

I have discovered several options for you via the World Wide Web.

These water globes have become quite popular and I rather fancy their colorful appearance.

Though my mom purchased some through the mail and says they do not work.

But my mom also cut my bangs when I was young and believed it was cute. So I’m not 100% sure on her judgment calls.

I do love a great find. And I feel my googling skills are at their prime with the next option.

There is a service called Flower Servant that will email you reminders and also instructions on how to care for your house plants. (http://www.flowerservant.com/)

How very cool and technologically savvy is that?

If you’re more self sufficient, I also read an article that encouraged any not-yet-green-thumbs to put in a recurring reminder in their Microsoft Outlook calendar.

If you still use a paper calendar, you know like from the Stone Age, you could put bright reminders on the appropriate watering days.

And lastly, if you are more of a visual learner, just paste some of these up on your bathroom mirror or fridge to guilt you into watering your plants.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

You make me laugh.

Amie Kirk said...

Haha... I like the third option! You are funny!

Unknown said...

i agree with Jenny - you're possibly the funniest person that i know...daily blog updates would really make me happy!