I used to be a writer.
Back in the days when I had time to think coherently and use words with more than one syllable on a regular basis--this blog was full of words. I know this for certain because I spent a few minutes reading some of our WAY OLD posts.
But now I am in a different season and I plaster my blog with pictures. I tell myself that's what people want to see, what they are truly interested in when they click on our link. (if anyone is even clicking onto this blog anymore is debatable though:) And in fact, as I begin typing this, I want to delete it and give up. Take my shower and go to bed early, enjoy the peace and quiet.
I just can't.
I feel compelled to confess. To confess that at times this motherhood journey is tough and lonely. To be transparent and say that today was a hard day. To share that I felt defeated this afternoon and lost my temper this evening.
But as I lay down in M's bed to sing, cuddle and enjoy our new night-time chats, it all just melted away. I forgot how hard today was and giggled as she said the most hilarious and off-the-wall things to me in her squeaky-little-girl voice.
I love her. I love E. I love my husband. I am blessed.
I am also human and will daily have struggles, but it is through this refining that I am changed. I won't say I enjoy it or that my stubborn self is easily molded or moved, but I would rather go through a day like this and see His grace than stay the way I am.
"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9
4 comments:
i'm reading, for sure.
and it makes me feel somewhat closer to you, in the way that a blog can.
and i cherish your vulnerability.
besides, you provide my dose good clean humor.
I hear ya! Being a stay-at-mom is the hardest but best job in the world.
I still click on your blog. And I still love your heart. And even with your humanity (I wasn't sure you were really human) I think you're one of the best moms I know. True story.
People are reading your blog girl and being encouraged at the same time. It's nice to have a place for all of us to share our Motherhood moments and hard days together.
Post a Comment