9.02.2011

Mirage

Definition: Something that appears real or possible but is not.

That is what a vacation is for parents of toddlers and newborns. Same work, different scenery.

That's why I am so thankful the beach was my new scenery for a bit while we had fun with family!

Ready to go-

We had great weather and fellowship. I refuse to dwell on the looong car ride or the 1st night when M stayed up ALL NIGHT.




And we even found some time for romance.

Gotta take the fam photos. It's what the trip is for, after all.





I took my books. I took my Bible. I even packed my dusty journal. I had great intentions because I love quality Jesus time at the beach. But it was absolute insanity with two little ones. Thankfully He met with me anyway.

2 comments:

kristymasterson said...

a mentor of mine told me that at certain ages with children it is a "relocation" instead of a "vacation" and that is just fine. it helps me not to set my expectations too high.

Stephanie said...

i love your posts. your whit.

you are one of my fav. friends.

yeah for "relocation!" and potty training again! let me know how it goes!!

and where did yall go?! those pictures are gorgeous! it looks like somewhere around the destin area to me?!