11.30.2011

O Christmas Tree

O Christmas tree! Thy leaves are so drying.

As a married couple this was one of the first decisions we had to make. I was raised with artificial trees, Josh with live trees. He said let's get a live one this first Christmas and then we will see.

As in, we will see that we get a live tree every year.

They are beautiful. They smell lovely. I simply detest the shedding of the needles. It only adds to my existing frustration over the shedding of the dog hair.

It is pretty though. Even with all of the shedding going on around here.

This year I convinced J our perfect tree lived at a tree farm. It was a little bit of a drive. And there was extra money to be paid. But it was well worth it!

M rode a little pony.

And a train.

Figured out a wooden maze with J.

Played.

And then we hiked all over the farm to find our tree and cut it down. I tend to forget I am now a resident of the mountains. This means when I say we hiked all over a farm, I really mean we hiked. Like big hills and stuff. With two kids. But it was fun! And exhausting.

But it's up and decorated and I'm sure we will go back to the Tree Farm next year. Once we rest up from this year's trip.

No comments: