11.22.2011

Just Like Baskin-Robbins

They have 31 flavors. I have 31 years. My birthday was Monday. And I think it was my favorite birthday ever.

Josh began my day by trying to let me sleep in. It didn't happen, but the thought and effort were enough. Notes and hints were hidden or handed to me throughout the day. But here's the basic run down...

He and Marah make an Old McDonald's run for biscuits and gravy.

Girls chill out while J and the youth volunteer at the food pantry.

Right before lunch Gibby and Me-Maw show up to join us for lunch. Then I'm told the real reason for their surprise presence...they are watching the girls while J and I go horse back riding and out to dinner. And I can even take a nap first.

WHAT?!

So surprised. So fun.

I've never ridden a horse. J kept avoiding my question as to how many times he has ridden a horse.

And now I know why. Here's the deal. We go to a friend's house where they have 2 horses and a fatty-fat piece of property where we are preparing to ride the horses around mountain trails in the woods.

And J has only ridden a horse once before. As in a week before my b-day when he went to "watch the game" and secretly learn all he could about horses and learn the trail, etc.

I wore a helmet and pretended to have confidence as I was instructed. (Though based on my horse's continuous desire to run, I feel he sensed my inexperience just a tad.)



No one fell off and we had a wonderful time! I was quite proud of myself and my cowboy. He led the way to a pretty clearing and read me a poem he wrote just for me. I will probably post it here another day, because this is already a very long post.

But it was AWESOME!

Then we changed clothes, de-horsey-smelled ourselves and headed to a nice dinner. Where we talked, giggled, ate amazing food and didn't have to feed anyone else, clean anyone else or threaten a hand pop for defiance. I received a present I had hinted about and a card that loudly sang "Shake Your Groove Thing" for all of the restaurant to hear. J swears Marah picked it out, but I have my doubts.





It was a magical day and one I will always treasure. I love you husband!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SO SO sweet! You did pick a good one Don! Happy Happy Birthday to you my OLD friend :-) Love you!

Stephanie said...

i love reading your blog.
i love your humor.
i love YOU!

your sweet girls are soooooooo adorable! M looks like the PERFECT blend of both you and J. mo word!
and your sweet baby girl's cheeks are edible!

what a GREAT birthday from your man!!