A New Year
A new us (eventually). We are running again. We are not eating fast food. Or sweets. Or processed foods. Or anything fun.
But thanks to my Cross Fit fanatic friends on Space Book for posting the articles and gross-tastic photos of fast food preparation; I am no longer sad about it.
I now have 2 shin splints, an achilles tendon that moves around more than I think it should and sore muscles. But I truly wouldn't want it any other way and I feel SO MUCH BETTER.
And Marah has been running laps in the house and telling us she is exercising. She eats her vegetables as she explains they make her healthy and strong. These are the kind of footsteps we want her to be able to follow in.
Literally.
Speaking of footsteps. M and J went hiking with some friends a few weeks ago, aren't they cute?
She is getting SO BIG GIRL. She loves to pick out her own clothes, dress herself, "fix" her own hair, pretty much do everything by herself. Except for using the big girl potty. But I refuse to elaborate on this subject in recognition that no one wants to hear our potty training woes in detail.
There is another big girl in our house. Girlfriend loves some bananas or squash. I can't believe she is 7 months old today! I know I say that every month. But I mean it every month.
There is another addition to our family. M has not yet settled on a name yet. (We have a snail named Will Scosta, so you can appreciate the time and effort she puts into the naming process.)
I know what you may be thinking. Old ladies have dress up ducks. It's true. My grandmother's friends had them in St. Petersburg, FL. And I always loved them. (I also loved the giant tricycles they rode around the retirement park). Since J said I couldn't get a giant tricycle, I went for the dress up duck. She has an appropriately themed outfit for each month. And I love her.
And I love this amazing rainbow.
God's handiwork and creativity never cease to amaze me.
2 comments:
Yay for feeling better! I'm afraid of what I would do to people if I didn't exercise on a fairly regular basis. We still eat sweets sometimes, but chocolate is part of God's gift to humanity :)
Sorry we did not get to come see your dress up duck. I always knew there was something a little off about you. :)
Post a Comment