8.12.2016

He's Always Been Faithful To Me

Sara Groves sings the following lyrics...
"I can't remember a trial or a pain
He did not recycle to bring me gain
I can't remember one single regret
In serving God only, and trusting His hand
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me."

These words remind me that despite all that is uncertain in our life right (and that's A LOT!) I can reflect upon all that He has done for us in the past. I was thinking back on how scary it felt to move to Jesup, GA. The girls had never lived anywhere but Hiawassee. They had friends literally from birth. It was uncertain. We were nervous and unsure of many details. And He so faithfully provided so much to our little family.



The crazy thing about these friendships was how fast they formed! I can truly say that God hand -picked sweet friends to welcome my girls to South Georgia and ease the transition to a new place.

This is a source of comfort for the my little bits as they ponder our big move north. They look forward to keeping in touch with their friends in Hiawassee and Jesup now, but also look forward to new friends they are soon to make in E-town. When they are scared or sad about leaving, God's past faithfulness to them is a great source of comfort.

And to me as well! I am reminded of the wonderful friends we made and the amazing students we were privileged to minister to. It is hard on my heart to say good-bye, but I am so thankful for our time in South GA and the relationships we built. I pray they will continue for a lifetime, and I am truthfully very thankful for technology so we can stay in touch with everyone.


I struggle with trying to take control--usually in the form of worry or stress. I let my mind wander to logical questions like, how can you look for a house THERE if you don't sell the one HERE? How will you drive in the snow? How often will we visit family? What will the girls drink in restaurants without sweet -tea?

But God doesn't give us the answers in advance sometimes. He chooses to stretch our faith and ability to trust Him. We are most definitely being stretched and grown in this area! He has been faithful, even in the moments of panic or discouragement...reminding us that He is constant and He is good and we are well cared for by our Heavenly Father.

"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

We are currently praying for:
*our house to sell here (J's last day of work is at the end of this month)
*finding a place to live in NY
*building prayer partners & ministry partnerships
*dealing with the roller coaster of emotions on both sides of the move
*sweet friends and teachers for the girls in NY
*Life Church & Calvary Baptist as we all transition together

Thank you for joining us in this wild journey, please continue praying, we are surviving on those very prayers I think! :)

--Donna

No comments: