11.15.2007

Bennetts Vs. Wild

Last week Josh and I went hiking in the beautiful North Georgia mountains, Weds - Friday. We began at Brass Town Bald and ended at Neal's Gap. We had a wonderful time! There were several amazingly tough climbs and the first night it was 25 degrees. I was certain we would freeze to death if the animal rustling the leaves didn't get us first. :o) We found only one natural water source but were blessed to find several stashes of water left by kind people for the dehydrated hikers. We were able to spend lots of quality time together and with the Lord. Enjoy the pictures!

9 comments:

The Hartzog's said...

Wow, what a fun trip!! That makes me miss the mountains so much!! I know ya'll had a great time. Take as many of those type of trips as you can...before kiddos come :)

Jenny said...

Beautiful! And the scenery was amazing, too!

Anonymous said...

FUN! that made me want to go hiking...but then I remembered the 25 degrees and I got over that urge quickly.

Anonymous said...

Pretty Pictures. Josh is it ok if I just photoshop you out of all the pictures?

Joni said...

Beautiful scenery and it looked cold, brrr! Nice sleeping bag... sleeping mats... pack... stove... fuel... dude, that's some sweet gear you got.

Cecilia said...

Too cool! It looks like you had a great time, and what a nice way to spend time together without all life's little distractions!

Kelly said...

Looks like ya'll had fun! Glad to hear you didn't freeze to death.

Hollie Carson said...

only one water source? uhm....what happened to your water bottles? I know they are heavy and all, but WATER is my best friend and I just couldn't leave it at home. Besides, your trip back would be a breeze. I second what Kimberly said......do all that hiking before the kiddos come!

Casey said...

some of these pictures .. you could sell as stock online. looks like so much fun.