Gone Fishin'
As you can see, Josh caught THE BIG ONE. Yep, the biggest fish he's ever caught that is officially on record; a 21 inch trout. Luckily I was present to assist in the measuring and photo taking of the big guy. Can you tell he's excited?!
Josh left with the "painting crew" Friday night for the Children's Home where they painted 8+ rooms on Saturday. Josh slept in the room with the boys and I heard several rumors about shaving cream, 3 hours of sleep and text-a-thons. Josh did look a little bleary eyed when I saw him shortly before lunch. I was a member of the elite "picnic crew" and we made the 3 hour drive on Saturday morning to prepare a picnic for about 70 people. We had tons of fun and were completely blessed by spending time with the children and employees. The Lord allowed us to love on the kids and our hearts were broken for these young children who have endured so much. Please join us in prayer for these sweet lambs as they learn the awesome Truth of Christ and His healing power.
Here are some pictures of our youth at the picnic and on the way home. We are beyond blessed to have such a genuine and sweet group of middle and high school students. They have been so welcoming and excited about the coming year as we plan the beginning of WIRED. (new name for the group!)
I'm leaving tonight with my sister to begin the project of packing up my mom's house...she's moving here on Saturday!! Josh will be speaking at a high school football camp tonight after the youth meeting. And on that note, here's a fun picture to close my post. :o)
3 comments:
Tell Judi - welcome to the mtns!
Great high school football pic - totally 80s. Just kidding, I know it was early 90s, ha ha. Running back? Fan of walter payton? Or Herschel Walker?
later!
Joni :)
Leapin' Lizards! NICE FISH Josh!!!
Sorry I forgot to leave a comment earlier! Nice fish! I see the high school football players heading to practice when I pass them on my way home, and I get really excited about football season!
Post a Comment