So This Is Christmas
I know, I know, I am a day late. I had to work late last night due to an emergency and then we had fun friends over for the Eve of New Year's, so I was unable to make my Wednesday deadline. My sincerest apologies.
We spent Christmas Eve & Christmas morning at the Bennett house. We read the Christmas story (shouldn't a pastor appear more interested in Bible reading?) and Josh reverted back to his childhood while opening his gifts.
We headed back to the mountains on Christmas day and went to a late late movie with Mama here in town. Josh refused to see Marley & Me so Judi and I cried together while he watched a man-movie in a different theater. I think it worked out for the best b/c he didn't even watch the movie with us and has already begun to let Sugar on the bed at all times so she can enjoy "this part of her life."
The Christenson crew came to our house for lunch the day after Christmas. Teenagers really just aren't that interested in family gatherings.
This is the youngest grandchild...until April 2009. Evidently posing for pictures is in our genes. I always thought it was just my over-exposure to Olan Mills appointments as a child.
Here are Me-Maw's 7 grandkids all together, it's been a while since we could lure them all to one place at the same time.
And the ever popular mom and daughters shot. I feel it's a turning point in my pregnancy as I definitely look pregnant from the front angle now. I will not comment on whether I am happy about this turning point or not. :o)
And Brandi came to town to see her parents so we went on a fun hike to a beautiful waterfall about 10 minutes from our house. Yes, I am shamelessly trying to bribe our blog-reading-friends to come and visit.
We had a wonderful holiday break and loved our first Christmas in Hiawassee with our MBC family. Josh is beginning to fit right in around here. Some of his other gifts were a truck box, a shot gun and more camo clothes. Sorry ladies, this mountain man is taken.
2 comments:
you look great! good turning point for sure!
You look wonderful missy! It looks like you had a great Christmas. You're niece is adorable too!
Post a Comment