3.11.2009

Mission of Transition

I've entered into a new phase of my life. My last pay check is this week, I've used up my medical leave. It's an odd feeling. The longest I've been without an official paying job since the young age of 15 was the month following our move into The Bennett Basement. I realize that in 4 weeks (or less) I will begin the toughest and most time consuming job I've ever had as I become MOMMY...and I am excited! Yet I know that it will take some adjusting, so I'm relaxing and spiritually preparing as best I can during this unique break with which I've been blessed. After a few weeks of staying pretty busy with appointments, driving mom all over north Georgia and getting together the final Poppy preparations I've been able to slow down.

I've spent quality time with my dog-ter.


I got very excited about warm weather and changed the seasonal decoration by the front door.


And I now drive around with this in my backseat.


Those readers who know me best will think I am being my overly-prepared-self by already installing the car seat. But the truth is that we recently watched an episode of "Bringing Home Baby" and when the 1st time parents were trying to leave with their precious cargo, the hospital made crying mom and newbie dad go to the fire station to figure out the car seat they had not yet buckled in before releasing baby. That prompted us both to go ahead and snap that sucker in properly.

And the teddy-bear. Josh decided the seat looked empty. I am very aware that I appear mentally unstable as I drive around with ol' Teddy, but the required contortions of my large belly to remove the bear is simply too much.

We had our final sonogram today and Poppy looks great! We successfully avoided any gender sightings and Poppy is head down, ready to rock. We have 4 weeks until the doctor's due date, but my calculations say Easter.

This past Sunday was the youth led service and I completely forgot the camera. The kids led worship, performed a skit, ushered, made announcements and Josh preached. It was great! We also ordered some WIRED t-shirts that I'm certain will make their blog debut soon. We're gearing up for summer camp and other events, it's crazy to make plans knowing that when they come to fruition we will be a family of 3!!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

The bear is hilarious!

morgan collins said...

can't wait! so excited!! and I like teddy:)

Cecilia said...

I'll admit I'm a little nervous about the car seat thing, looks like you got it all figured out though =)

Unknown said...

You crack me up! I love the teddy too :)

THE STANCIL FAMILY'S BLOG said...

I hear ya! I was one of those parents! Could not get the seat buckeled in. My sister in law did it to my Mother in Law's car when bringing me home from the hospital. It was Freezing cold in December and she was out there hooking it up!.. and we had to get a special latch for my car b/c it didn't have the hooks! So.. it is always good to be prepared. I went 3 1/2 weeks early! So.. you never know! Good Luck! You will be a wonderful Mother!

Unknown said...

he looks just like Josh! I knew it!

Jenny said...

I totally thought that I left a comment to this post. I have to start putting my thoughts into action. Everything is cute, and I think the car seat is super smart. I'm sure that wasn't my original brain post, but that's all I could get out at work.