5.30.2009

Reunited

and it feels so good.

We attended both college and seminary with the Carsons. LOVE them. MISS them.

We were beyond delighted when they gave us a ringy ring ring and gave the good news that a family member's wedding was right down the road from our hiz-ouse.

And what sealed their friendship from here 'til eternity? A gift. Straight from the heart.


I've blogged about Good Berry's before, so I'll not bore y'all. Just note that Josh and I are in love with the chocolate and heath bar concrete and Raleigh is home to the closest Good Berry's. Sad.

The fun part is who accompanied the ice cream.


Laney was so sweet with "baby Mare" and she kept herself entertained with a hammock swing, a car given for Marah's future toddler years and reading with Josh.




Here's Hugh practicing for daughter #2 who's due in 3 months.


Hollie and I were there but I've no pictures to prove it. We were probably too busy celebrating our Catch Phrase victory over the guys to pose for pics.

And now for the Marah update. 2 month check up went well, she is 11 lbs, 4 oz. and 22 inches long. She passed all of her tests, cooing and smiling on cue. And when the doctor gave her some tummy time to check her strength she rolled over for the first time! Show off.

The shots were not fun, but she only cried for 2.5 seconds which was great. She's still a bit fussy, but pretty much back on track for the most part. I'll close with a few attempts to catch her smile. She's smiley mcgee now, but we aren't quick enough to catch it!

4 comments:

The Hudgins said...

i must say i'm a bit jealous that ya'll got to see the Carsons! but i guess that's what we get for living all the way over here in LA. anyway, your little pea is super cute and i know you are just loving it.

question: how did they keep the custard cold???? we have a frozen custard place in town that i LOVE LOVE LOVE.

miss you.

Stephanie said...

so fun that they brought yall goodberry's! you know, we only went there on our visit to preview SEBTS--never since we've been her in 4 years!?! can you believe that?! what a thoughtful gift!

marah is PRECIOUS! so PROUD of her rolling over! so cool!

Hollie Carson said...

Yeah girl, we were too busy celebrating over our many victories of catch phrase. (wink, wink) That was waaay too funny. I honestly don't know how we won, because it was so late and I was so loopy.

We LOVE ya'll and miss you already. Wished we lived closer. I needed that Bennett fix! Hope to see you soon!!!

Stephanie and Chris Hunnicutt said...

Marah is getting so big! She is changing so fast! You and Josh sure made a pretty baby!