My Mono Man
So. Josh has mono. Or infectious mononucleosis if you're into technical terms. It's known as the "kissing disease" because it takes some type of saliva or blood contact to catch it. It's also very unlikely for young children or babies to catch it according to our pediatrician. Marah and I seem to be doing fine, though any time I am tired I get a little paranoid.
Which brings me to wonder, how did my husband contract this disease? Our bets are on youth camp as he confirmed it wasn't the most sanitary environment. And I caught mono in high school from a friend I totally didn't lock lips with so I know it's possible to be a non-kissing disease.
There's no treatment, just lots of naps. It's kind of like having two babies with all of the naps going on around here.
Speaking of babies, lil bean is four months old.
Marah can now roll over both ways and is all about sleeping and playing on her tummy. According to my very inaccurate weighing techniques she is about 20 lbs, but I won't know for certain until her check up in a few weeks. She is obsessed with Sugar, likes to yell and squeal and has the cutest smile EVA though when the big black camera is in her face the smile disappears so I can't prove it just yet.
I better run, family nap time is almost over...
7 comments:
I'm so glad Jasper got to see Josh twice this week and Baxter got to see him, too! Yeah, just great...ha ha! Hope he feels better soon.
I hope Josh is better soon. I had a friend who had mono and had totally been sharing her drink and food with her daughter. They took the little one to the pediatrician who said that she may have had the virus, but it exhibits totally different in babies. The pediatrician also told them that the baby would likely be immune to mono since she was exposed to the virus so young. So there may be some good in it. I do hope you and Marah don't get sick. Miss you guys.
Boo. That stinks. Hope you get some naps in too!
Donna, you are safe since you've already had it (at least that's what the doc told me). My 19 month old had it last month - no fun!
Ahhh, I remember how much fun Mono was. Hope Josh feels better soon!
Oh no!!! So sorry for Josh. =(
so after our converstaion last night - I am questioning your high school mono encounter...BAHAHA
Post a Comment