8.01.2012

Adventures with J.J.

I have nick named my kayak J.J. I like to name things. I also have LaToya the Sequoia. It's just how I roll.

This morning I got up and left my sleeping family behind while I paddled around, sipping my coffee.

I always feel adventurous when I'm under the bridge.
Or when I'm navigating the treacherous waters.
Seriously, though, it's much more difficult to take pics than I anticipated. I almost ran into some rocks trying to snap these roots. (I'm just so strong and speedy when I paddle, it's difficult to harness my own power.)
And here is the view of our church from the water.
I'm thankful for the quiet morning on the lake. It's a great time for me to be still and talk to Jesus.

“Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10


No comments: